Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stoned Crow review

 Rating - 4.0 / 5.0

A few weeks back, I went for a casual date at some bar, but things didn't work out the way I hoped to... So here's a chronology of how things happened and how I stumbled across Stoned Crow.

7.00 - 9.00pm   2-way text communication with the girl about ever-changing plans. We decide to meet at a bar at around 11.00
11.30 - Girl arrives... girls make you wait (a universal truth)
11.30 - 12.00  We have drinks in Bar 1. She says "the place is not good.. Its so crowded here... Maybe we should go to some other bar..." So we leave to a nearby bar some 3-4 blocks away...
12.15   We arrive at a quieter Bar 2.
12.15 - 1.30  We have drinks, chat for a while, snap some pics and suddenly she says she's got to go... I am like okay sweetie... your choice... it was really nice meeting you... She hugs and leaves... (Fuck ! What do I do know? am already losing patience - I say this in my mind :)
I get bored and keep thinking about checking out some other bar... meet some random new chick... I love this city for the abundance of girls... You lose girl A, you win girl B... etc etc... Ok neways... so I callup my friend late at nite and he asks me to join them at Stoned Crow.
2.15  I join my 3 friends and we have a beer.

So here's how and why, Stoned Crow lifted my mood.

+ We toast on beer and absinthe and celebrate our bachelorhood :)
+ A great little place with an unpretentious look
+ Pretty good jukebox collection
+ Pool table
+ They were showing the Korean superhit film "Oldboy" on one tv.

4.00  We leave as the bar is about to close... but hey we will come back...

I just realised this is my longest review till date.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails