Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Angelica Kitchen, New York City


Rating - 2.91 / 5.0

This vegetarian spot boasts of some healthy offerings like tofu, tempeh and seitan based dishes, influenced by Japanese cuisine. I went here yesterday with my friend. We were warmly greeted and offered a seat. Skimmed through the menu for some 10 minutes. I finally decided to try the Tempeh Reuben sandwich. Tempeh is a highly protein rich ingrediant just like tofu. My friend tried out the Open face Tempeh sandwich.

The food arrived in like 10-15 minutes. My Tempeh sandwich was okay. Sliced bread with tempeh, lettuce, and some tofu based Russian dressing. Tastewise if you ask me, it wasnt very special. But yea it was very nutritious for sure. My friends plate looked good with diced beet and mushroom sauce topped on the Tempeh. Later I tried out the Kukicha tea. This was something new and unique for me... It was a sugarless black tea. Nothing special here, but after coming home I checked out Wikipedia and found out that it has very low caffeine content and is a powerful anti-acidic antioxidant.

Long story cut short, you should visit this place for nutritious healthy vegetarian foods. One more point to remember is this is a Cash-Only joint.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails